Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

So it has come, the biggest unofficial US holiday, Super Bowl Sunday. Yet again my beloved Eagles fall one game short leaving me disappointed as usual. I'll still watch the game though since I like football in general, and I expect an easy win for the Steelers. Hopefully the commercials will be good this year.

So yeah I caved in and came back to FFXI after quitting for a whole 2 weeks. I am so weak I know. I realized after 2 very trying weeks dealing with my daughter that I need a social escape and nothing else but FFXI fits the bill. I have decided to do things a little differently this time around though.

I have decided to level a mule so I can do what is ultimately my favorite thing in this game, quests and missions. With Soarian I am almost done every mission, and any quest I have left I need help for so there is little left for me to do with him besides level subs which gets boring. Honestly after RDM I don't need to level any more subs as is so all the more reason to level a mule.

So I am leveling my Hume female mule Brigide at the moment, and she will ultimately be a RDM due to me always wanting to level the job, and because it is in demand for damn near everything. Why did I pick Brigide? Thats easy, because she is the only mule of mine that has an Anniversary Ring lol. I plan to keep leveling her and doing any and all missions with her (nation, RoZ, CoP, etc) and doing more quests too.

So for the time being Soarian is in semi-retirement and I'll only use him to finish off my RDM sub (26 currently) or for any help he may be needed for. I also want to work on missions with him and duo BLM with Shay if we can ever manage to be on at the same time. More than likely I'll get bored with Brigide and go back to Soar full time but who knows with a ready made pl available getting stuff done like will be less tedious.

Everything else is pretty good right now. We just got a bunch of new work at my job so it looks like mine is secure, which is good in this shitty economy. Alyssa just got done going through a growth spurt which saw her gain almost 3 pounds in a month. She was very fussy during that time but she has been much more content lately. She loves being on the floor so I lay out a blanket and let her be and she is content for hours at a time. Maybe now my play time will start to get better. Meh probably not lol.

No comments: