Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Moving time

I have come to the conclusion that the process of purchasing a home, and moving into said home, is one of the most frustrating things I have ever endured. First I'm looking at crappy house after crappy house that I can actually afford, to being teased by very nice homes that I can only dream of affording. I feel I was very lucky to get the one I got, because it is both a very nice and well kept house, but it was also very affordable.

Then comes the process and making an offer, which involves mountains of paperwork and enough signatures to make my arm fall off. If they reject it you have to do it all again to make a counter offer.

So someone accepts your offer huh, great the hard part is done. Not so fast, the fun has just begun. First the need about 489563949 financial documents from you, along with blood and urine samples and your first born child (j/k obviously, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did ask for all that >_>). Btw they never tell you everything they need up front, no no no they like to spring things on you suddenly and make you go way out of your way to get it to them.

Once all that bullshit is taken care of you have to change over all your utilities, phone, internet, and address changes. Its fun sitting on the phone for hours trying to get all this done with inept operators who have no clue how to do their job, let alone know how to speak English with any sort of clarity.

Then comes the best part, packing everything you own up, hauling it onto a moving van, driving to your new house, unloading it all, unpacking it, and putting it away. Oh boy I can't wait for Saturday.

No comments: